Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Call for Summer.

You know it's bad when you almost feel guilty for sitting down to write. Now let me explain quick before you allow yourself to get too confused!
So as we all know school is about to come to a close for the year, you may be thinking 'YEAAAH!' and so am in in a sense. At other times i'm tugging at my hair (not literally of course.) Around this time in the year the teachers seem to enjoy laying on the work thick, papers left and right, tests coming up, final projects.... talk about a busy schedule and if you add work to that... you feel 'guilty' for doing the leisurely activity that you enjoy! In my case, of course, it's writing! But, I have papers that need turned in, and I have art projects that need outlined. So while I'm sitting around writing character development paragraphs I begin to think my priorities are confused.
Think about it this way: you have a presentation that needs done for work but instead of working on that you're off -- oh i don't know -- reading, writing, shooting hoops, anything that you enjoy really. Now you can't feel very relaxed while enjoying your leisure activity can you? And when you're not relaxed it can feel a bit forced and/or you may not do your best work. That's how I'm feeling, I'll write a paragraph while I can't focus my whole mind on it... and then... i end up erasing the whole thing because it's turning out forced and unnatural.
So the pressures on these last few weeks of school, so bear with me and my lack of posts... because honestly, i don't know if i'll be able to write much these last couple weeks of school.
Me and My Writings will be a lot happier once the Months of Summer join us.

3 comments:

  1. i like the part about shooting hoops ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, I saw that there was a comment. And i knew it was gonna be you sayin somethin about the basketball part.

    ReplyDelete